Pollution disrupts the balance of Mother Earth while endangering humans and animals and hurting community pride and economic development. The core of the pollution prevention program is reducing wastes in the first place, conserving natural resources, avoiding the use of harmful chemicals, and properly disposing of wastes in order to prevent pollutants from harming the Tribe's air, water, and land resources.
The Morongo P2 Program ensures all solid and hazardous wastes are disposed of properly and in compliance with applicable Federal, State and Tribal laws. The Tribe must comply with the Federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) as well as California Code of Regulations because the Tribe's wastes are disposed of off the Reservation. In addition, the Tribe has passed an Environmental Code dictating rules and regulations for solid and hazardous waste disposal on the Morongo Indian Reservation.
P2 Programs & Services
Morongo Tribal member and resident services:
- Curbside Recycling Program
- Electronic Waste & Appliance Recycling
- Household Hazardous Wastes Collection
- Abandoned Vehicle Removal
- Recycling Program for Morongo Casino Resort & Spa
- Recycling Program for Morongo Tribal Administration and Business Enterprises
- Illegal Dumpsite Cleanups
- Hazardous Wastes Program for all Morongo Administration Departments and Enterprises
- Universal Wastes Program for all Morongo Administration Departments and Enterprises
- Promote Environmental Preferred Purchasing
- Underground Storage Tank Inspections
- Hazard Communication Program for Tribal Departments