Miyaxwen emem (Hello Everyone!)
Applications are due by JANUARY 29, 2024
How to Apply
Dear Morongo Community Outreach Applicant:
Morongo is pleased to introduce exciting new changes to its donation allocation practices.
Rather than hold multiple events and application deadlines throughout the year, the Community Outreach Awards Program will involve one application and one deadline for the wide array of groups serving communities across Riverside and San Bernardino counties.
Below you will find an outline of our application process. Please be advised that we strictly follow these guidelines and funding will not be available to those who do not meet all criteria.
Your organization must be classified under one of the following five categories:
- Native American Culture: e.g., Museums, Language Preservation, Music, Storytelling, Art, or other Activities involving Native culture
- Social Services: e.g., Programs addressing social issues (Domestic Violence, Elders, At-Risk Youth, Child Abuse); Homeless Shelters providing meals
- Education: e.g., Programs serving at-risk Youth from Low-Income Households, Literacy Programs, Libraries
- Hospitals/Health Organizations: e.g., Medical Equipment and Programs, Health Care for families, Vision and Hearing Programs for Elders, Wellness Programs
- Military and Military Families support groups: e.g., Veterans Organizations
Preference will be given to Federally-recognized tribal programs, native communities, and organizations located in the Banning/San Gorgonio Pass area (Whitewater, Palm Springs, Moreno Valley, Calimesa).
Non-profit organizations may receive a financial donation only once per year. Duplicate applications submitted within the same funding year will be denied. Morongo Community Outreach does not fund Galas, administrative costs (including staff salaries), golf tournaments, or any sporting organizations (including but not limited to Little League, Booster Clubs, and cheerleading).
All required documentation listed below must be submitted with the application. If all of the documents are not received, the application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed. A complete application packet will include:
- Funding Request Application
- Proposal Letter or Request Letter
- List of the Organization’s Board of Directors
- The IRS Letter confirming the 501(c)(3) Status of the organization
- The Budget for the program or event for which the donation is being requested
- The organization’s previous year’s financial statement
- An itemizes list or detail description regarding exactly how the funding will be used
In the event you are missing any of the above required documents, you will be notified by mail or e-mail and your application will be put on hold. If after six (6) months all the required documentation is not received, your application will be destroyed, and a new one will be required.
The Morongo Community Outreach Committee may require your organization to make a presentation before making a decision regarding funding; you will be notified if this is the case.
All application packets are destroyed at the end of the funding cycle. Even if you have submitted an application in the past, you will be required to submit a new application and all required documents each time you apply for funding.
Fund Spending Report Required:
If Funding is granted you must provide a detailed report within 6 months of receiving Funds
Funding is in April 2024.
Reports are Due by October 1, 2024.
*If a report is NOT provided you will be not be eligible for Funding in the following year.
If you have any questions, please contact the Morongo Community Outreach Coordinator by calling 951-755-5063 or emailing us at [email protected].
Sharing has always been a part of Morongo’s values and the tribe is excited to be launching the new Community Outreach Awards Program. The tribe looks forward to reviewing your application.
The Morongo Community Outreach Committee meets in July/August to process the Thanksgiving applications. Award letters will be sent out between September and October.